My name is Luke (Łukasz is my native name) and I live in Warsaw, Poland. I am 24 years old and I'm an engineer with experience in electronics, embedded software, control systems and mechanical design. In February 2017 I finished B.Sc. in Automatic Control and Robotics on Faculty of Mechatronics at Warsaw University of Technology and in March 2019 I finished master's degree programme in Automatic Control and Robotics at Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology (also at Warsaw University of Technology). My main interests are programming, electronics and everything that is related to embedded and control systems development.
In years 2010-2013 I attended high school in class with mathematics-physics-IT "profile". During that time I took part in a few mathematics and physics competitions. In 2012/2013 I was a laureate of nationwide olympiad organized by AGH University of Science and Technology (both in mathematics and physics). I also took second place in nationwide "Mathematical League" organized by Pomeranian University in Słupsk. Apart from that in 2012 I won competition for best business plan (competition was part of a project "The young in business").
After high school I was hesitating which major to choose. My options were Computer Science or Electronics. Eventually I decided to choose Automatic Control and Robotics at Faculty of Mechatronics at Warsaw University of Technology (mechatronics itself is a synthesis of programming, electronics and mechanical engineering). After I finished Bachelor of Science programme (grade excellent, summa cum laude), I enrolled on a Master of Science Automatic Control and Robotics programme at Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology and finished my studies in March 2019 (grade excellent, summa cum laude).
When it comes to learning I always give my best and so far I was granted a "Dean's Scholarship" for a total of 7 terms.
- C and C++ both for PC and embedded systems (STM32, AVR)
- Qt framework for PC applications
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Knowledge of image processing, machine vision. Practical experience with OpenCV
- PID, state feedback controllers, Kalman filtering etc.
- Model Predictive Control (DMC, GPC)
- Process modelling (using various techniques, e.g. neural networks)
- Nonlinear optimization
- Design and prototyping
- Practical experience with high-speed layout on PCBs with up to 6 layers
- Altium Designer, KiCad, Eagle
- 3D design using Autodesk Inventor and Fusion 360
- Fast prototyping (own 3D printer)
- Version control systems: git and SVN
When I create my projects I try to make them useful, educational and entertaining. My main goal when starting a new project is to learn something new. I believe that by applying this "continuos learning rule" I will someday become a competent engineer.
To find out details about certain projects please visit projects section.
- since 03.2018 - electronics engineer in Mudita
- 03.2015 - 03.2018 - embedded systems engineer in Invenco
- 07.2014 - internship in RADPOL, Automatics division
Other relevant experience
- 03.2016 - 12.2017 - Member of Rocketry Section of Student's Space Association (at Warsaw University of Technology), Leader of Electronics Team since November 2016.