As I dived deeper and deeper into RC flying planes I wanted to try FPV more and more. My initial attempt was putting FPV system on Easy Glider Pro from Multiplex. It worked, but I wanted something more dedicated.
Platform base is flying wind named "Vega" from napolskimniebie.pl. It has 1,6m wingspan, it's made from epp reinforced with carbon-fiber rods. It flies great with speeds less than 90 km/h. If I go over that the wing starts to shake and bend.
- Servos: 2xHK-CS929MG - work really well, never had a problem with them.
- Motor: Turnigy LD3727A-1300 - works realiably, together with 9x6 propeller generates enough thrust for really steep ascends.
- Battery: 3S Lipoly with various capacity: 3 to 3,6Ah. When using throttle gently I can achieve flight time up to 25 minutes. There's also smaller battery (3S 1,3Ah) onboard used to power autopilot and video system.
- ESC: H-KING 50A controller is used
- RC Link: 2,4GHz Assan link. I don't know the output power of Tx, but with standard 8ch Rx my record range is 1711m.
- Autopilot: Arsov UAV 1 board with Matrix Pilot Software - used as stabilizing assistance + automatic return home when RC link is lost
- Link: 5,8GHz 200mW Tx is used. Standard dipole antennas.
- Cameras: GoPro II for making high resolution photos and videos and small CCD board camera for live video streaming
- OSD: Remzibi OSD (Polish project)
- 05.2012 - parts ordering
- 07.2012 - assembly and maiden flight without FPV
- 08.2012 - first flights with full FPV
- 29.08.2012 - serious crash due to wrong AP setting, quickly repaired
- 02.03.2015 - distance record: 1711 meters
- 08.2013 - another bad crash